Monday, August 3, 2009

Feeling very inspired..

The Bathroom Wall is finished! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. My husband was a little surprised as well. Painting a "faux" technique is not as easy as you think. Tips to remember for next time: Cut cheese cloth in sections and work in sections. Paint glaze dries faster than you think! Ask for help, it's easier (and faster) with two people ;)

On another note I am LOVING the new Pottery Barn catalog. Mixing old and new styles is my favorite. My poor catalog has notes, and folded corners on almost every page. I use catalogs as a reference for furniture and accessory placement. I very seldom purchase anything from catalogs because I know if I look hard enough I can find something similar (and more unique) than what they have.

My next project:
Re-upholstering an old chair and re-painting an old head board.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great Janeen!