Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Easy Peasy Potpourri

I usually only make this around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday but hubbie LOVES the smell.


Recipe:
1 orange (I used clementines, since it's what we've been eating lately)
3-4 Cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon or so of whole cloves (about 8-10)

Slice the orange, don't worry about peeling it. Place everything in a small pot with about 1 1/2 cups of water. Let simmer on the stove, on a low temp for the rest of the day. Don't forget to add water every now and then, since the water will eventually evaporate.

My potpourri usually can last for about 4-5 days.

P.S. Cinnamon sticks can be expensive if you purchase them at the grocery store. I bought this bag at the dollar store.

1 comment:

Janette said...

I so need to do this. Love it! I am itchig to go to the dollar store now!